The Napier Eland was a turboshaft or turboprop gas-turbine engine built in the early 1950s. The Eland was first tested in 1953 in a Vickers Varsity aircraft. Further flight proving was carried out from 1955 using the first production Airspeed Ambassador 2. The Eland was dropped from production when Napier was acquired by Rolls-Royce Limited in 1961.
Used in: Westland Westminster; Airspeed Ambassador; Canadair CC-109 Cosmopolitan (CL-66); Convair CV-540; Fairey Rotodyne; and Vickers Varsity (one aircraft as an engine test bed in 1954).