Institution of Automobile Engineers

The organisation evolved from the Cycle Engineers' Institute, Birmingham (1898-1904), who were then called Automobile and Cycle Engineers' Institute, Birmingham (1904-1906) and then the Incorporated Institution of Automobile Engineers, London (1906-1911) and finally the Institution of Automobile Engineers (IAE, 1911-1947). IAE merged with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) in 1947, becoming IMechE's Automobile Division (AD).

Archive reference, IAE